Lexie Conyngham's Blog: writing, history and gardening.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Increased Availability

I'm hoping that Death in a Scarlet Gown and Knowledge of Sins Past will be available in the next few hours on Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/), which will open the books to a few more formats for anyone allergic to Amazon! This all takes ages when I should be editing Service of the Heir, which is sitting on my desk in its ancient folder trying to fight its way out from under a heap of text books for the academic course I'm writing. I shall get it done, I shall!

I've realised I'll have to go back and refamiliarise myself with Edinburgh - not exactly a bad thing! but it's a while since I've lived there. I think you really have to walk a place to get the feel of it, up dodgy looking lanes, examining brickwork, touching railings and render, sitting on walls and watching people go by, or blinking against the rain looking up at the buildings you don't notice with your head down or your eyes on the traffic. Mind you, if you get too carried away you start walking out in front of the traffic, assuming the horses will stop! It's not always safe doing historical research!

No comments:

Post a Comment