Lexie Conyngham's Blog: writing, history and gardening.

Monday 12 September 2016

Steaming along on the Speyside line




All a bit modern for either Charles Murray or Hippolyta Napier, but there's nothing like a steam train. This one goes from Aviemore to Broomhill (a.k.a. Glenbogle) and back in about an hour and a half via Boat of Garten, where we were staying.


The weather was fine and the dogs full of energy, but not so much time for walks. That gate through to the woods was too good to resist, though.

The whole monthly book blog and monthly shelfie have rather gone to the wall as I've been working so hard. I can say I've recently finished Rivers of London, The Third Rule, and The Art of Staying Dead, all of which I have enjoyed.

I'll stick in a shelfie, too:

This is part of the recipe book collection, almost all extensively used!

And I have broken the ground on Death of a False Physician, the second in the Hippolyta Napier series - one and a bit chapters done! Now I need to go and write. Have a lovely middle of September, everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment