Lexie Conyngham's Blog: writing, history and gardening.

Saturday 24 January 2015

Willow in winter


My thumbs are just about working: the above is a willow hurdle fence that half a dozen or so of us were working on in the ice today: gorgeous winter sunshine in our eyes, frost on our boots, but we soon warmed up and the fellowship was excellent. We harvested the willow before Christmas and used it today to reinforce our boundaries. Lots more work to do, but hammering the posts into frozen ground took it out of us! Thanks to Liz for the photograph.

It made a change from writing: after my 4,000 word stint last Thursday, I managed 8,500 on Friday until I made it to the end of the Battle of Waterloo, not sure where I was or what I was doing. It all just spilled out! It was almost a relief. Then I wrote another chapter this week, so I'm still up to speed - in fact, I'm now very slightly ahead as I've done 500 words of next week's chapter just now! So the plan to finish the first draft by the end of February is still in sight. There'll then be a good deal of tidying up to be done before it can go to anyone.

I've just published my three short stories which have previously appeared here on Wattpad - interesting. The software is a bit dodgy, I think, but the second two had only been up fifteen minutes when they had both been read. Not sure where that's going to go but it might be interesting. I've been reading the Indie Publishing Power Pack starting with Write, Publish, Repeat, which is rather making me see the world in a different way: I'm  now looking for 'funnels' to keep volunteers interested in some of our allotment projects, as well as thinking about more useful marketing for books.

And if you're toasting the Bard tonight, have a dram and a bite of haggis with me!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Publish-Repeat-No-Luck-Required-Self-Publishing-Success-ebook/dp/B00H26IFJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422126919&sr=8-1&keywords=write+publish+repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment